Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Battery Box

I decided I wasn't going to install a heater in the FJ40.  So I decided to locate the battery box in the space left by the heater core.

Using the NAPA battery that came with it when I bought it, I cut a rectanle that fit snug around it as the base.



After that was welded, I added two tabs that I would bolt into the heater core mounting location.


I then mounted it into location and bent a piece of 1-1/2 X 1/8" flat stock to fit the inner fender profile.



 Mount it all in place and load test it with a few good stomps.



I also cut a piece of 18 gauge galvanized sheet that I had laying around to fill the hole.  The top tie down is a piece of 3" X 3" X 1/8" steel angle that I slotted and bolted to one of the upper heater core mounting holes.  Everything is painted with KBS rust stopper.


No comments:

Post a Comment